1 DAy left! Register for the last night of the 3 on 3 camp here.
3 ON 3 basketball camp Oct 4th And 11th
3 on 3 basketball camp will consist of back to back to back timed 3 on 3 basketball games. Kids will register for this camp as individuals and coaches will divide players onto multiple teams
Location: Boylan Catholic High School, Rockford, IL
- Sunday October 4th and October 11th.
- Tentative times:
- 2nd – 6th grades – 4pm-5:30pm
- 7th – 8th grades – 5:45- 7:15pm
3 on 3 Overview –
- Demonstrate 3 on 3 (things we want to see). Basket cuts, ball screens, early movement, screen always, back screens, other! Ways to get open V cuts, etc.
- Round Robin Tournament!!!
- Note: ALL age divisions will have a different amount of teams and ALL age divisions will have a different amount of GAMES.
3 ON 3 RULES OF THE GAME
- 3 on 3 is played on a half court with one basket.
- All Baskets are worth 2 points. (If there is a visible 3 point line – players can agree to us 3 pointers as well) Games will be played to 30 points
- We will play 3 on 3 with ONE sub every 4 points.
- Teams will look at the NBA logos posted and pick a team name.
- Call your own fouls.
- Each team shall consist of 3-4 players (3 players on the court and 1 substitute).
- ALL GAMES WILL BE BASED ON A TIME LIMIT (Score clock in each gym)
- Beginning of the game – Winner of Rock, Paper, Scissors gets ball first
- Tied Games at the end of Time Limit. Play Sudden Death!
10 Fouls during the act of shooting inside the arc shall be awarded 1 free throw, make it and earn 2 points
- At the end of a Game – Record your Score at the Poster Boards!!!!!
- Be a great Teammate by being positive and encouraging your teammates
- Make your teammates Better
- Be a Great Sport. (Pick up your teammates, high fives, point to them on a good pass)
- Focus on Competing and Winning will take care of itself!
- Play by the score determined by your age group
- Record your Score with the Coach in your gym!