November 8th, November 15th and November 22nd.
4 on 4 basketball camp will consist of back to back to back timed 3 on 3 basketball games. Kids will register for this camp as individuals and coaches will divide players onto multiple teams
Location: Boylan Catholic High School, Rockford, IL
- Sunday November 8th, November 15th and November 22nd, 2020.
- Tentative times:
- 2nd – 6th grades – 4pm-5:30pm
- 7th – 8th grades – 5:45- 7:15pm
4 on 4 Overview –
- Demonstrate 4 on 4 (things we want to see). Spacing, Basket cuts, ball screens, early movement, screen always, back screens, other! Ways to get open V cuts, etc.
- Each player will be assigned their own team and teams will be changed 2 times per session.
- Note: ALL age divisions will have a different amount of teams and ALL age divisions will have a different amount of GAMES.
4 ON 4 RULES OF THE GAME
- 4 on 4 is played on a full court
- All Baskets are worth 2 points. (If there is a visible 3 point line – players can agree to use 3 pointers as well) Games will be played to by a time limit. Each game is 25 minutes.
- We will play 4 on 4 with ONE sub every 4 points.
- Teams will look at the NBA logos posted and pick a team name.
- Call your own fouls. During Shooting fouls, teams will keep the ball and attack the new defense.
- Each team shall consist of 4-5 players (4 players on the court and 1 substitute).
- ALL GAMES WILL BE BASED ON A TIME LIMIT (Score clock in each gym)
- Beginning of the game – Winner of Rock, Paper, Scissors gets ball first
- Tied Games at the end of Time Limit. Play Sudden Death!
10 Fouls during the act of shooting inside the arc shall be awarded 1 free throw, make it and earn 2 points
- At the end of a Game – Record your Score at the Poster Boards!!!!!
- Be a great Teammate by being positive and encouraging your teammates
- Make your teammates Better
- Be a Great Sport. (Pick up your teammates, high fives, point to them on a good pass)
- Focus on Competing and Winning will take care of itself!
- Play by the score determined by your age group
- Record your Score with the Coach in your gym!